The freedom that provides victory is rooted in forgiveness Luke 23:34 and nailed through the bones.
- Is found in forgiving oneself
- In the forgiveness of others
- In asking for forgiveness for others even when they don’t ask for it or understand the meaning of it
- In understanding that forgiveness is not for others but rather for oneself
Keep the following 4 key points in mind:
- Forgiveness does not always mean recovery or reconciliation unless it is self-forgiveness.
- For a person to be truly victorious and not become a victim the person has to forgive and reconcile with oneself first and move on past the hurt stage.
- Freedom comes when one understands that not everyone knows how to forgive or ask for forgiveness but that the right thing to do was to forgive from the heart in order to obtain spiritual freedom.
- Give to them what you would want them to give to you (Luke6:31).
Freedom brings peace to your soul, and enabled loyalty, truthfulness and healing. Reflect on how far you’ve become and give thanks for those you’ve been able to forgive even when they haven’t said I’m sorry.
Ps. Start with yourself! You are a unique soul! #youremore
©️2019 Denise Kilby New Hope Life Coaching and Lay Christian Counseling. All rights reserved.